Impressions, reflections...preserved.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

a river of stones -- January 8, 2012

It seemed that everywhere I looked today, there were babies.  Adorable, sweet, precious babies...in varying states of wakefulness and humor.  They looked about, taking in their surroundings with curiosity, wonder, and sometimes...disbelief.  One in particular was quite engaging:  she tugged at my bracelet, bounced on my lap while I hummed In the Mood.  She spoke to me in her language, and I replied.  She was very generous with her time.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. (I've noticed this phenomenon, by the way, that some days, the world is filled with babies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! They are quite interesting to watch, and when they feel inclined to give me the "time of day", it's an honor!

    ReplyDelete